Saturday, October 29, 2011

...And then I met Justin Bieber

There is nothing better than shopping in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday. The stores have that fresh new-clothes smell and you get to enjoy being amongst people without having to actually talk to them. And the stores are quiet. You can pretty much shop in peace. After trying on Clinique make-up in Dillard's that made my face break out, I continued to browse around the store when suddenly I ran up against another shopper.

Startled by the person's unexpected presence, I tried to save face. I flashed a bright smile, and gave a little combo head-nod-half-wave, and tossed out a cheery "hi!" (like you would when trying to cover your awkwardness in a surprise encounter)...only to realize that I had just politely (and loudly) greeted a life-sized cardboard cut-out of Justin Bieber.



Needless to say, after looking around to see if anyone had seen my awkward encounter, I made a beeline for the door.

Justin Bieber cut-out: 1, Me (Not as cool as I thought): 0

No comments:

Post a Comment