Saturday, October 1, 2011

Gem Sweater: How I rationalize wearing bedazzled Christmas Sweaters to work

A little taste of cool air in middle Georgia has opened up the creepy old lady in me. Today, I began dreaming of the Christmas season and wondering how many days I could get away with wearing my Christmas sweater-- a black, obviously acrylic sweater enhanced with a bedazzled Christmas tree, which I bought on sale at Walmart...sort of as a joke...sort of because I love it.  Every year I wear it, and every year my college students look at me as if I've lost my mind. I bring in candy canes and cocoa and forcefeed students with my Christmas cheer. And when they tell me I have no fashion sense, I send them on a quest...to watch "Gem Sweater" by Lelsie and the Lys. This is my fashion guru, who I long to emulate. For those of you who have missed out on the wonder of Leslie and the Lys, here you go:


You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS... and you. This reminds me of Xie totally like to the maxxorz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I do own the first Leslie and the Lys CD. And I am an official member of the "Fan Club" according to the pin I received when I purchased the CD. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete